Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Yokohama Coffee

I wish I could blog a smell.

I went to this really amazing coffee shop today in Yokohama over the Golden Week weekend. I was walking toward it and the smell... It just wafted over me from a block away, and if I hadn't just arrived at a stop light anyway, I think i would have stopped right where I stood, just to take a moment to breath it in.


It was no ordinary coffee scent. The store, whose banner outside read "coffee makes friends throughout the world", was a coffee paradise inside. A corner to the left of the door was entirely covered with wooden bucket of coffee beans from around the world. I remember thinking I really wished my father could see it. I saw beans from Peru, Brazil, Tanzania, Hawaii, and Mexico... The more exotic ones I cannot even remember. Behind this impressive collection was a counter covered in very antique looking (thought they could have been top of the line for all I know) bean rosters, the source of that heavenly smell. If one could bottle a smell, not like perfume but like fireflies, that would be the scent I'd choose to catch. As it was, I could only order a few fresh roasted bags for gifts and enjoy a cup of coffee while I waited.


I think the owner was offended at the speed with which I finished my cup. As good as it was, I guess I haven't learned the art of slow savoring.

Cheers,

Yokohama coffee Baer

No comments:

Post a Comment