Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines Day

I hadn't planned on doing anything special for Valentines Day, honestly. I feel like I have spent quite enough time and money in my kitchen making gift for regular holidays to warrant the same treatment for "fake" holidays like V-day.

However, things change. At Don Quixote, I won a Rilakkuma rubber food mold at a UFO catcher... I was excited. So, I decided to compromise and make holiday treats for a few special people.

Aren't they cute? The rubber mold came with some Rilakkuma ribbon, so I decorated a bit. When I first tried to make the chocolates, I found out that the molds are so deep that each one is almost an entire chocolate bar. Delicious, but not very economical. So, for the final product, I used chocolate peanut butter as filling. I gave one box to Chingyi, one to Akemi (my supporter), and individual ones to my three English teachers at the JHS.

Everyone said, "Lindsay, it's too cute! I can't bite it!". Psh, mercy over chocolate? I think not! "Just cover your eyes and bite!"

Cheers,

choco-Baer

No comments:

Post a Comment